What do you get when you cross 3 pediatricians, 4 internists, 3 family doctors, 2 epidemiologists, 2 nurses, a PhD, an obstetrician, a perinatologist and an occupational medicine doctor? Unfortunately, this is not a joke. You get a Federal Government panel, given the imprimatur as experts on a medical subject that if any one of them individually treated, would be considered malpractice. This would be the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF), an ad hoc committee charged with making recommendations about clinical preventative services. They have just issued their findings that there is no role for routine PSA screening in men...
In response to:
In a coloring book (that's right , the government used a coloring book to market Obamacare!) put out by the government to explain Obamacare to the public, in a cartoon to be colored, it explains that asking a doctor how much health care you should have is like asking a butcher how much meat you should buy. The ludicrousness of this statement is self-evident, but it hammers home the delusionary thought process of the USPSTF- we should let the GOVERNMENT decide our health care????
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago