What do you get when you cross 3 pediatricians, 4 internists, 3 family doctors, 2 epidemiologists, 2 nurses, a PhD, an obstetrician, a perinatologist and an occupational medicine doctor? Unfortunately, this is not a joke. You get a Federal Government panel, given the imprimatur as experts on a medical subject that if any one of them individually treated, would be considered malpractice. This would be the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF), an ad hoc committee charged with making recommendations about clinical preventative services. They have just issued their findings that there is no role for routine PSA screening in men...
In response to:
In a coloring book (that's right , the government used a coloring book to market Obamacare!) put out by the government to explain Obamacare to the public, in a cartoon to be colored, it explains that asking a doctor how much health care you should have is like asking a butcher how much meat you should buy. The ludicrousness of this statement is self-evident, but it hammers home the delusionary thought process of the USPSTF- we should let the GOVERNMENT decide our health care????
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago