Illegal immigration is down primarily due to a bad economy, so yes we can give credit to Obama for that. I don't see how we have a "broken system" when the U.S. has more legal immigration (avg 700,000 per year) than any other country in the world ... BY FAR. Probably the biggest reason that it takes a lot of time to migrate here legally is because there are many people that want to come here... that will be solved by the current administration by making this country not so desirable to come to. I wonder if it was Canadians that were the main problem would Chavez be so 'pro" "immigration" than?
"Enforcement first" has become the mantra of conservatives opposed to comprehensive immigration. However, what opponents refuse to recognize is that illegal immigration is under better control today than at any point in the last half century. Last year, net immigration from Mexico was zero -- as many immigrants (legal and illegal) left the United States as came here. The flow of illegal immigrants has plummeted in the last few years -- down to the lowest level since the 1970s. What's more, the Obama administration has deported more illegal immigrants than any previous administration since the Great Depression - including 450,000 last...
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 15 hours ago