Before getting to the heart of the case, the justices first wanted to deal with what seemed to be a side issue: Was the penalty imposed by the individual mandate in Obamacare a tax? If it was, the case would run afoul of a 19th-century law known as the Anti-Injunction Act, which said a tax cannot be challenged in court until someone has actually been forced...
All this ruling proves is that Roberts is owned by someone who has a grip on something sensitive and private of his: "Listen Roberts - it's your turn to roll for the regime - flop to the left and give any stupid reasoning you want - just make it happen, or else..."
No one knew it at the time, but the key moment in the Supreme Court Obamacare case came on March 26, the first day of oral arguments, when few people were paying close attention.
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 45 minutes ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago