Arizona's SB 1070 anti-illegal immigration bill heads to the Supreme Court today for arguments. The legislation has been dubbed one of the nation's "most controversial" and most "anti-immigrant" laws in the country, but the truth is, the legislation really isn't controversial at all. SB 1070 simply allows local law enforcement, the same officers who deal with the criminal consequences of illegal immigration everyday, to ask people regardless of skin color, for proof of citizenship after a crime has been committed (for more information about what's really happening on the border and what our local law enforcement officers are up against,...
I don't understand how people can say a US law is "anti-immigrant". of course it's anti-immigrant because guess what? it was written for AMERICANS
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago