Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 10 hours ago