Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 1 hour ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago