Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 9 hours ago