Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago