Congress has inflicted frightful punishments on its members--now you know that. When they tried Mr. Fairoaks, and a cloud of witnesses proved him to be--well, you know what they proved him to be--and his own testimony and his own confessions gave him the same character, what did Congress do then?....Congress intimated plainly enough, that they considered him almost a stain upon their body; and without waiting ten days, hardly, to think the thing over, they rose up and hurled at him a resolution declaring that they disapproved of his conduct! Now you know that. –Colonel Beriah Sellers, The Gilded Age, Mark Twain,...
From President, Congress Person, Senate Person!! if these people were working for any public company they would have been fired!! They wouldn't get 4 years to stop the bleeding!! You know why?? Those businesses knew they could not sustain the losses and continue to stay in business. You know something else? Neither can America.. Right now you are witness to the slow, painful and agonizing death of America.. You know something else? Another 4 years of BHO and his vision for America will be the final nail in America's coffin..
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago