Congress has inflicted frightful punishments on its members--now you know that. When they tried Mr. Fairoaks, and a cloud of witnesses proved him to be--well, you know what they proved him to be--and his own testimony and his own confessions gave him the same character, what did Congress do then?....Congress intimated plainly enough, that they considered him almost a stain upon their body; and without waiting ten days, hardly, to think the thing over, they rose up and hurled at him a resolution declaring that they disapproved of his conduct! Now you know that. –Colonel Beriah Sellers, The Gilded Age, Mark Twain,...
From President, Congress Person, Senate Person!! if these people were working for any public company they would have been fired!! They wouldn't get 4 years to stop the bleeding!! You know why?? Those businesses knew they could not sustain the losses and continue to stay in business. You know something else? Neither can America.. Right now you are witness to the slow, painful and agonizing death of America.. You know something else? Another 4 years of BHO and his vision for America will be the final nail in America's coffin..
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago