Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
There are two possible explanations for the pro-amnesty hysteria that occurred after the election. 1). Republican politicians who have always supported lax immigration policies saw an opportunity to pitch their unpopular immigration policies without risk of political blowback. 2). They may actually believe this stuff. After all, immigration policy debate in this country is primarily a mix of baby talk and mindless cliches (e.g. "nation of immigrants"), not intelligent dialog on the pros and cons of particular policy alternatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago