Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
An 'Invincible Lie' is in my experience what a progressive-Socialist MSM is determined to present to it's audience, in addition to framing the 'information' it presents through a slant of 'racist', 'bigot' or 'hate-speech' label used to discredit those who do not share the ideology of the left. Do you ever remember an on-staff MSM reporter actually putting a union leader in the hot seat for example? Why as another example didn't the MSM show Romney's answer to the booing he received from an NAACP audience, or mention he received a standing ovation after he finished the presentation? Omission of supportive facts, inclusion of dismissive ones is all part of the shaping of public opinion- 'Invincible Lies' remain so.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago