Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
An 'Invincible Lie' is in my experience what a progressive-Socialist MSM is determined to present to it's audience, in addition to framing the 'information' it presents through a slant of 'racist', 'bigot' or 'hate-speech' label used to discredit those who do not share the ideology of the left. Do you ever remember an on-staff MSM reporter actually putting a union leader in the hot seat for example? Why as another example didn't the MSM show Romney's answer to the booing he received from an NAACP audience, or mention he received a standing ovation after he finished the presentation? Omission of supportive facts, inclusion of dismissive ones is all part of the shaping of public opinion- 'Invincible Lies' remain so.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 3 hours ago