Uh, a surplus is not meaningless. You can't pay off debt until you have surpluses. That's something I wish the country realized back in 2000.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Gov. Jerry Brown gives great speeches with unusual quotes that never let the listener forget he is a former seminarian. In that spirit during his State of the State address Thursday, Brown quoted jurist Oliver Wendell Holmes, told a story from Genesis and marveled at the "mysterious cycle in human events" observed by Franklin D. Roosevelt. He moved on to Michel de Montaigne and Irish poet William Butler Yeats. But then Brown ventured into the land he rarely visits, the land of words with one syllable. He ended his address before a joint session of the California Legislature...
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago