Huge pensions for retired government workers can be found from small municipalities to national governments on both sides of the Atlantic. There is a reason. For elected officials, pensions are virtually the ideal thing to spend money on, politically speaking. Many kinds of spending of the taxpayers' money win votes from the recipients. But...
Guns don't kill 3,000 preborn preschoolers DAILY in the U.S., Neo Nazi Democrat policies do! Liberal media and socialist unions are independently the 2 most wealthiest, powerful and dangerous lobbying groups, not the NRA!
A nation's choice between spending on military defense and spending on civilian goods has often been posed as "guns versus butter." But understanding the choices of many nations' political leaders might be helped by examining the contrast between their runaway spending on pensions while skimping on military defense.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago