Brittni Nicole Colleps, 28, of Arlington, was found guilty of 16 counts of having an inappropriate relationship between a student and teacher. In Texas, this second-degree felony is punishable by two to 20 years in prison per count. Because none...
Only after the Christians started the concept that man was created with certain god given rights, which only originally applied to certain groups then was extended to all, did it start to be questioned whether slavery was immoral or not. So, yes, as society evolves so does morality. We condemn the history of slavery through the prism of our current morality. No one in the Roman Empire would have said slavery was immoral, no one in ancient Egypt would have said that enslaving the Hebrews was immoral, and only a few northern Protestants thought slavery immoral at the time of the Armerican Revolution. There are parts of the world today where slavery is still practiced and it is not thought immoral in those cultures.
A former Texas high school teacher was convicted of multiple felonies after having sex with five 18-year-old students at her home. The conviction was a victory for the prosecution but it was a setback for the feminist movement. It was also a setback for the homosexual uncivil rights movement, which seeks unlimited authority to redefine relationships among consenting adults.
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago