Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
haha that's should be the new republican mantra. make some bumper stickers "sip water, not kool-aid"
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago