Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
haha that's should be the new republican mantra. make some bumper stickers "sip water, not kool-aid"
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago