Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
if rubio's skin color was darker then he would have a real shot in 2016. but he doesnt look hispanic and in a country of window licking moron voters doesnt amount to squat. America is where your skin color matters more than your principles.
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago