Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
i commented this below.... but unfortunately i believe we are stil too far gone even for Rand. although i do know his father had a pretty cult like following with the young voting group. but being white automatically disqualifies you in the window licking low information crowd.
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 53 minutes ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago