Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
i commented this below.... but unfortunately i believe we are stil too far gone even for Rand. although i do know his father had a pretty cult like following with the young voting group. but being white automatically disqualifies you in the window licking low information crowd.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago