Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
much like romney...rubio's narrative preaches to the choir. nothing new. romney and probably rubio last night tickled conservatives ears and gets conservatives giddy but it does nothing to change the narrative of the political spectrum. BOLD and FRESH ideas are what is needed and that is found in the TEA PARTY. Ted Cruz and Rand Paul unabashed constitution loving patriots are the only way the Republican party can survive.
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago