Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
much like romney...rubio's narrative preaches to the choir. nothing new. romney and probably rubio last night tickled conservatives ears and gets conservatives giddy but it does nothing to change the narrative of the political spectrum. BOLD and FRESH ideas are what is needed and that is found in the TEA PARTY. Ted Cruz and Rand Paul unabashed constitution loving patriots are the only way the Republican party can survive.
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago