Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
what people still dont get obviously from rubios message last night. is that the conservative compassion speak and our values do not get thru the low information voting morons in this country. your preaching to the choir talking about freedom and opportunity. rand paul communicated to the low information retards by using direct language and called out both parties.
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago