Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
nope just a realist patriot. watched the first two minutes of Rubio's and turned it off. quit the mr. nice guy rhetoric. get angry, and let's see maybe call out Obama for being a LIAR. Just talking to people who already know what the problem is isnt going to work. Get LOUD and engage the low information morons in this country who are too stupid to understand how the economy and how liberalism really works.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago