Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
only way the republicans can change the narrative of this country is by going extreme. just voicing your opinion like the nice guy in the room like Mr. Rubio is the path to defeat which has been the republican party. Be BOLD, Be NEW, Be PROUD, sometimes the only way to win an argument is to scream LOUDER and conservatives think they can win by playing Mr. Nice Guy
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago