As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes Allahpundit 8 minutes ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 3 hours ago