Here's further proof that "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" was a grand misnomer: the House Ways and Means Committee has released a report revealing that the healthcare reform law provides financial incetives for companies to drop insurance coverage. The employer mandate -- requiring that companies with over 50 employees either offer insurance of a certain value or pay a fine -- actually makes it cheaper for these companies to pay the fine.
The promise that you can keep your plan if you like it? Well...that's not up to you, is it?
In total, the 71...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago