RFS, signed into law by George W. Bush and supported by then-Senator Barack Obama, was a dud from the beginning because it was based on an assumption. (You know what they say about assumptions.) Congress was led to believe most of the ethanol would be derived from inedible substances rather than corn. Seven years in, and billions of research...
I would love to see gov't ethanol subsidies go away but the proposed solution is an executive order? I don't like that the executive branch has decided not to enforce immigration law and I don't want to encourage them to not enforce energy law either. The answer is repeal the law The president does not need to act, Congress does. The executive branch (I don't care who is in office) needs to be reeled in.
President Obama needs to give EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson an ultimatum: Waive the requirement in the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) established in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandating ethanol blending in motor fuels now, or hit the road Jack-son.
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 1 hour ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago