RFS, signed into law by George W. Bush and supported by then-Senator Barack Obama, was a dud from the beginning because it was based on an assumption. (You know what they say about assumptions.) Congress was led to believe most of the ethanol would be derived from inedible substances rather than corn. Seven years in, and billions of research...
I would love to see gov't ethanol subsidies go away but the proposed solution is an executive order? I don't like that the executive branch has decided not to enforce immigration law and I don't want to encourage them to not enforce energy law either. The answer is repeal the law The president does not need to act, Congress does. The executive branch (I don't care who is in office) needs to be reeled in.
President Obama needs to give EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson an ultimatum: Waive the requirement in the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) established in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandating ethanol blending in motor fuels now, or hit the road Jack-son.
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago