RFS, signed into law by George W. Bush and supported by then-Senator Barack Obama, was a dud from the beginning because it was based on an assumption. (You know what they say about assumptions.) Congress was led to believe most of the ethanol would be derived from inedible substances rather than corn. Seven years in, and billions of research...
I would love to see gov't ethanol subsidies go away but the proposed solution is an executive order? I don't like that the executive branch has decided not to enforce immigration law and I don't want to encourage them to not enforce energy law either. The answer is repeal the law The president does not need to act, Congress does. The executive branch (I don't care who is in office) needs to be reeled in.
President Obama needs to give EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson an ultimatum: Waive the requirement in the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) established in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandating ethanol blending in motor fuels now, or hit the road Jack-son.
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 20 mins ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago