Paul Ryan Has Answer for Ferguson

bolier3000m Wrote: Sep 02, 2014 10:34 AM
Actually - ' .....teach a man to fish and he spends the summer in a boat drinking beer"

Alcohol vs. Marijuana (Part 1)

bolier3000m Wrote: Jan 28, 2014 11:09 AM
More and more I am becoming a Stossel Libertarian. It was not until (I think) the thirties that there were any laws on what you could ingest or smoke. And I would be happy to return to those times IF... I don't have to pay for it. So when you can't get a job because you are always stoned. - no welfare for you - no food stamps for you - No (free) medical care for you and so on. But that's not our world. I don't know but i will bet that Obamacare says that once you are addicted to alcohol or drugs that you are (or can be) covered (on the tax- payers dime) for addiction treatment. So yes - legalize pot - but if your insurance rates go up because you are a smoker - that's the free market baby.
This is the second article i have seen on this and the topic should be discussed but it surprises me that neither article notes what the response of the interviewee was. Mr. Elder does not even bother to note that it was Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. (the other article had a link to the video so you could see the answer) I realize that most commentators really like to hear themselves talk but on the way to their point I would expect to at least see either - Gov. Walker correctrly noted that ... or - Gov. Walker missed a golden opportunity to ... That said - lots of good points here. in the end - Republicans looking for a solution that works and Democrats looking to be nice so they can feel good about themselves..

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

bolier3000m Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 11:44 AM
You have my enthusiastic Giddy-Up In the "Gun Free" Zone debate I am reminded of the phrase "shooting ducks in a barrel" to refer to something that is easy to do. (the ducks are defenseless and trapped and therefore easy to shoot) . So it mystifies me that Libby312 does not worry about mass shootings when school policy says you must be a duck in a barrel.
Hurray for Cruz Also - on your use of Verbiage - Stop it! (Unless it was your intent to disparage the petition) World English Dictionary verbiage ('v??b??d?) — n 1. the excessive and often meaningless use of words; verbosity 2. rare diction; wording
You may be right but your case is weak. His Obama fawning was geared to getting aid for the Coastal disaster (and therefore a winner for him) and I see people on both sides of the aisle worried and confused about the best way to keep our country safe. I agree that the gun issues are a better litmus test and as you point out the results are not yet in. Stay tuned.
I would love to see gov't ethanol subsidies go away but the proposed solution is an executive order? I don't like that the executive branch has decided not to enforce immigration law and I don't want to encourage them to not enforce energy law either. The answer is repeal the law The president does not need to act, Congress does. The executive branch (I don't care who is in office) needs to be reeled in.

A Moral Question for the GOP

bolier3000m Wrote: Aug 17, 2012 11:42 AM
I really don't like situational ethics and that's what I see here. This boils down to " I don't like current immigration law so I like the decision not to enforce it" To say that Congress almost passed the Dream act means that Congress DID NOT pass it. The Act was discussed, argued, put to a vote and FAILED. It was an extended process - it did not happen by accident. At every step non-enforcement of immigration law has been challenged. To compare this to speeding five miles over the limit (seldom enforced) or spitting on the sidewalk (never enforced), is laughable.

Skipping Over the Shooting at FRC

bolier3000m Wrote: Aug 17, 2012 11:20 AM
I appreciate the work done in this column highlighting the MSM's skew in coverage. Nonetheless, I would also appreciate a little coverage on how FOX is covering these same events. I just feel that the story is incomplete without it and I would simply feel better hearing that someone is covering these events more appropriately. (Or, as a reader of this column is it simply assumed that I already watch FOX 24/7?)

Myths We Live By

bolier3000m Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 10:19 AM
Mr Stossel is entirely correct and yet the smart move was to purchase the uniforms from a US manufacturer. This tempest in a teapot was entirely foreseeable and therefore avoidable. (Though I have to wonder if there was some governmental non-discriminatory regulation. that forces the purchase from a low bidder - chomp on that thought Mr. Free Market)