There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
nycXJ61, LAPhil is correct...I was off base and I apologize. My father always taught me to own up to your mistakes and do whatever you can to correct them. I was feeling rather surley this morning and you wound up in my crosshairs. And if anyone (freynolds) thought I was implying that the South was Democrat/Leftist/Blue, quite the opposite. I cherish those from below the Mason-Dixon and their values. This just proves what I've always believed; any idiot with a keyboard and a internet connection can be an expert (that's me of course). Again, I apologize for any offense.
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago