Periodically, CATO analyzes the federal budget to ascertain exactly how much money our government shovels out to favored parties. Unfortunately, over the years both parties...
Anyone want venture a guess of the cost to "give away" this tax payer money? I would bet that the useless or near useless government agencies and their bloated union payrolls make the $98 billion pale in comparison. I have a piece of property that is regulated by the USDA, NRCS and the COE, and, if recent proposed legislation is passsed, the EPA because it happens to have a portion that "might" be a wetlands, even though it is man created .. This alphabet soup has devastated the concept of property rights and created a staggering volume of regulations, redundancy and waste.
“Government ’help’ to business is just as disastrous as government persecution... the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.” That is what Ayn Rand has to say about government involvement in the world of business, but the full extent of this practice is difficult to nail down. Tad DeHaven of the CATO Institute investigated the situation to determine exactly how deep the problem runs.
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago