The Supreme Court decision in June upholding the Affordable Care Act leaves in place a tax on medical devices that threatens thousands of American jobs and our global competitiveness. It will also stifle critical medical innovation in the industry that gave us defibrillators, pacemakers, artificial joints, stents, chemotherapy delivery systems and almost every device we depend on to save lives. The 2.3% tax will be charged to manufacturers on each sale and takes...
In response to:
I've wondered since the bill passed how they got to Bayh to get his vote. I still don't understand it, but it's good to see him showing some of the integrity that got him elected Governor and Senator. I'm just sorry for all Americans he didn't show it as Senator. I hope some day he and the other "centrist" democrats tell the truth and we finally find out how they were cajoled, bribed, or lied to in order to get their votes on what is unquestionably the worst piece of legislation ever proposed or passed into law. They should all hang their heads in shame forever or at least until they fight to get it repealed.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 8 hours ago