After riots swept parts of the United Kingdom last year, I wrote about the moral argument for gun ownership. Simply stated, it is wrong to disarm law-abiding people, particularly when there is a risk of societal breakdown.
The same argument is equally applicable in the areas ravaged by the recent storm to hit the northeastern United States. As you can see from this report in the New York Post, the government is failing in its responsibility to provide law and order.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Obama’s criticism of Israel: Deflection or duplicitousness? Jeff Dunetz 44 mins ago
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago