I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
Jesus knew that economic and political systems will come and go, and injustice will always be there. He called people to follow Him, not into a political kingdom, but into a spiritual kingdom that will affect everything we say and do. That's the only way to true justice, compassion, and peace. You may do what you wish to participate in democratic society, but the most important thing you can do is to follow Jesus.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 7 hours ago