I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
Jesus knew that economic and political systems will come and go, and injustice will always be there. He called people to follow Him, not into a political kingdom, but into a spiritual kingdom that will affect everything we say and do. That's the only way to true justice, compassion, and peace. You may do what you wish to participate in democratic society, but the most important thing you can do is to follow Jesus.
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago