I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
Jesus knew that economic and political systems will come and go, and injustice will always be there. He called people to follow Him, not into a political kingdom, but into a spiritual kingdom that will affect everything we say and do. That's the only way to true justice, compassion, and peace. You may do what you wish to participate in democratic society, but the most important thing you can do is to follow Jesus.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago