No, there is a plan, and it has been done before. President Carter faced the same dilemma in 1978. His solution was to simply print enough money to pay all the interest and continue to fund the deficits. Then, inflation cut the actual value of the bonds in half. Obama will do the same thing (is doing the same thing), for the simple reason that he has no other choice. Of course, that will make the interest rates on new bonds soar, but that problem is for 3 years from now, which will make the total debt soar. Social Security benefits will drop, as the stated (admitted) inflation rate is always well below the real inflation rate. There will probably also be raises to the retirement age, and SS tax hikes also.
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago