How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
instead of teaching students the guiding principles of our republic, the elite are more interested in demonizing the founders which distracts from the underlying message. This article hits on the checks and balances between the different branches of the federal government but these also exist between the states and the federal government. unfortunately, leftist lunacy and RINOs are slowly but steadily eroding the checks and balances and turning us into a regulatory and over burdening national government.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 3 hours ago