How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
instead of teaching students the guiding principles of our republic, the elite are more interested in demonizing the founders which distracts from the underlying message. This article hits on the checks and balances between the different branches of the federal government but these also exist between the states and the federal government. unfortunately, leftist lunacy and RINOs are slowly but steadily eroding the checks and balances and turning us into a regulatory and over burdening national government.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago