Are you implying that the cold cold winter will somehow prevent us from gaining momentum? Will we have to boil our boots? I fail to see how the logistical oversights of a 19th century general have anything in common with the political strategery of early 21st century American conservatives. If we lack the bullets (votes) to overturn ACA today, then eventually ACA will fail of its own sheer mass. Once the government runs out of money to fund these programs and can no longer function, it will be up to Patriots to take this country back from the socialists using bullets (real bullets this time). I, for one, prefer to take a stand, here. Today. While we can still discuss this like the civilized adults liberals like to pretend they are. Because I will not leave to my children the dirty work of taking this country back from fascist socialists because we failed to draw our clear line in the sand and allowed this great nation to sink into that socialist nightmare that Ronald Reagan described 30 years ago. -- When legislation that would become Medicare was introduced in 1961, Reagan created a recording for the American Medical Association warning that such legislation would mean the end of freedom in America. Reagan said that if his listeners did not write letters to prevent it, "we will awake to find that we have socialism. And if you don't do this, and if I don't do it, one of these days, you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children, and our children's children, what it once was like in America when men were free." Here we are now. Stand firm. This far, and no farther.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Apple’s Tim Cook: Indiana’s RFRA is dangerous. Also, you can pick up an iPhone in Saudi Arabia. Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Biden does Biden in Kennedy tribute: “He was an anchor to many of us.” Mary Katharine Ham 2 hour ago
- George Pataki: Contrary to all indicators, I’m in this to win it Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Watch: Saudi-coalition forces annihilates Houthi rocket stockpile in Yemen Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Nearly everyone in the group is dead and Carol’s the leader now Allahpundit 4 hours ago