There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
Walt; rest assured; bad decisions are not exclusive to people of color. No matter what is portrayed on BET. Stupidity is clearly an equal opportunity employer; These same stupid problems, masquerading as 'lifestyle choices' are run amok through all the races, nationalities and creeds. It has a name; it is called socialism. In academic circles it goes by the term 'human secularism'. I know there is a slight alteration in the meaning, but it is only academic. In the real world they mean the same thing. The good intentions with which the road to hell is paved.
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago