The future has begun to change for the U.S. stock market. After mostly flatlining since the end of 2012-Q1's earning season, expectations for the amount of dividends expected to be paid in the future began to decline in mid-October 2012 as the outlook for dividends has worsened.
Meanwhile, when it comes to stock prices, investors appear to be focused on the very near term, with the change in the expected growth rate of trailing year dividends per share for the fourth quarter of 2012 setting the pace for the change in the year-over-year growth rate...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 2 mins ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago