In response to:
How can this be constitutional? What clause in the Constitution gives the President authority to raise anybody's pay arbitrarily, especially Congressional pay? The 27th Amendment says, "No Law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened."
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago