In response to:
How can this be constitutional? What clause in the Constitution gives the President authority to raise anybody's pay arbitrarily, especially Congressional pay? The 27th Amendment says, "No Law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened."
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago