Mormons do not rely on the Book of Mormon for their doctrine. Rather, they rely on Doctrine and Covenants. Actually, the Book of Mormon contradicts some Mormon doctrine. But the Book of Mormon is is consistent with Mormon doctrine in this regard, that salvation is works based, “for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23). Of course, not one of us has ever done all we could do.
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago