Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
couldn't agree with you more --- a minority of lazy folks in the past took the easy rode to fabled utopia. It will take a majority of strong individuals that believe in freedom to take it back. Given the current culture my glass is half empty!
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago