Please remember that the Fort Sumter was fired on first because the North send down additional troops with the orders to start a war. Lincoln knew the need to have the south fire the first shot and he worked a way to make it happen. If the ended of slavery was such a desired event in the 1860s then how can you explain reconstruction and the 'love' the north showed the ex slaves. The uncivil war is very interesting but much is lost when only viewed through a 21 century lens.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 6 hours ago