Please remember that the Fort Sumter was fired on first because the North send down additional troops with the orders to start a war. Lincoln knew the need to have the south fire the first shot and he worked a way to make it happen. If the ended of slavery was such a desired event in the 1860s then how can you explain reconstruction and the 'love' the north showed the ex slaves. The uncivil war is very interesting but much is lost when only viewed through a 21 century lens.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 11 hours ago