The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 18 mins ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago