The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago