The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago