The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
beowulfe You're not at work earning a paycheck. You're reading and writing at Townhall. You're ripping off your employer.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago