The Case Against Common Core

Bob210 Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 10:07 AM
I've often wondered... if we took the ineducable, inner-city thugs out of the equation, how does our education system compare THEN?

On the Death of My Father

Bob210 Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 11:05 AM
Thank you.
You've just made Mr. Hawkins's point. I wish you well.

The Obama Bank Shakedown

Bob210 Wrote: Aug 25, 2014 5:00 PM
"... The solution is to reform the corporate tax code by slashing the rate to 20 percent..." ------------------------------------- That merely perpetuates the myth that corporations pay taxes. They don't. Corporate "taxes" get lumped in with other "costs" of doing business, eg, labor, materials, marketing, insurance, rents... The Cost of Goods sold (CGS) or Cost of Sales (COS) is used, among other things, to determine prices. WE pay ALL of those costs when we purchase those goods or services. So corporations don't really "pay" taxes. It's more accurate to say they "collect" them -- from US.

Ferguson and the Left: Exploiting Death

Bob210 Wrote: Aug 25, 2014 4:30 PM
"... Citing 'institutional racism' only seeks to perpetuate an issue that doesn’t exist here in America..." ---------------------------------------------- Huh? Doesn't exist? Institutional racism is VERY real here in America. In Black America, anyway.
I've always been an admirer of Jefferson. When my son was in high school, one day at the dinner table, I asked him, "What are you studying in school, Mike?" "We're studying The American Revolution, Dad." Since, to me, Jefferson has always been Da Man, I asked him, "What have you learned about Thomas Jefferson?" After a long, blank stare, I saw the light suddenly pop on. "Oh, yeah. Jefferson. He owned slaves." That was the entirety of his take-away.

Ferguson and Mainstream Media Malfeasance

Bob210 Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 6:42 PM
Great article, Mr. Bomberger. I hope to hear more from you.
Nothing about tort reform?
"... Man, I must have missed something..." ----------------------------------------- Clearly, you have. Apparently, you haven't read very much of the writings of our Founders. I say this, not as a Christian, but as an agnostic. And as a reader of our Founders' writings.

Compromise With Obama? Surely, You Jest!

Bob210 Wrote: Aug 08, 2014 1:48 PM
Let's see here. Conservatives want to "conserve" what we have. Progressives want to "progress." Compromise means conservatives GIVE UP what we have so progressives can GET some of their "progress." Conservatives have nothing to gain by compromise. Progressives benefit from it every time..
Hmmm. Lessee. One plus one equals two. But five plus five equals TEN! That's not fair at ALL!