I remember way back when I was in school where an incomplete meant that the work was not done, not completed, not acceptable, and not good enough. We got to repeat a grade for a do-over. Obama does not a do-over.
With only 63 days until the election, President Obama is seeking a grade of "incomplete" on the economy. This is, of course, a far cry from his February 2009 assertion that he had three years to get the economy back on its feet, or otherwise his presidency would be a "one term proposition."
The reasons that Obama would be dodging a letter grade on his performance are obvious. But isn't asking for our votes on the basis of an "incomplete" a little like asking America to vote "Present" (as Obama himself did earlier...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago