We could see the beginning of a similar rebellion against marijuana prohibition this year as voters in three states -- Washington, Colorado and Oregon -- decide whether to legalize the drug's production and sale for recreational use. If any of these ballot initiatives pass, it might be the...
I have said it before and will say it again, you can never legislate destructive behavior. That is no reason to legalize it. The real battle is fought in the hearts and minds, in the homes and schools. Keeping Marijuana illegal is how the society as a whole rejects it as an acceptable behavior. ALL laws are a form of prohibition. So you want to legalize everything? You will say, "It only affects the person who smokes it." If you completely ignore the lack of any desire whatsoever to go out in the world and make a living for themselves, which is exactly what the stuff does to people (I have a great deal of experience let me tell you) then sure. The stuff is REALLY BAD. I know! I was a pot head and I thank GOD for delivering me!
By the time the 21st Amendment ended national alcohol prohibition in December 1933, more than a dozen states had already opted out. Maryland never passed its own version of the Volstead Act, while New York repealed its alcohol prohibition law in 1923. Eleven other states eliminated their statutes by referendum in November 1932.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 5 hours ago