After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
Some may argue that the fake MSM polling sways the early voter. Not so much. Anyone voting before the debates is likely an extreme partisan anyway. Obama could murder puppies on stage and still have their vote.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 15 hours ago