The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
This is exactly what is needed. "Federal armed personnel" local police are not employed by the federal government. To say we don't need police in schools is ridiculous. We do not live in a peaceful society. We also need to address violent video games, hopefully something will come from Mr. Biden's so called meeting.
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago