Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Right but there is something to be said for creating activity when interest rates are so low. Also, if someone on unemployment is suddenly plunged into desperation and bankruptcy, the net negative is far worse. Social costs are not just a matter of cutting someone loose and "forcing" them to make it, they damage and economy.Also, screwing the poor when GE pays now taxes is simply not sane.
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 34 mins ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The fear election: The party in power has lost the public’s trust Noah Rothman 3 hours ago