Before getting to the heart of the case, the justices first wanted to deal with what seemed to be a side issue: Was the penalty imposed by the individual mandate in Obamacare a tax? If it was, the case would run afoul of a 19th-century law known as the Anti-Injunction Act, which said a tax cannot be challenged in court until someone has actually been forced...
"States must nullify Obamacare. .... State officials, legislators, and judges all take The Oath to support the federal Constitution (Art. VI, cl. 3); and that Oath requires them to nullify Obamacare." What can we do....by Publius Huldah
No one knew it at the time, but the key moment in the Supreme Court Obamacare case came on March 26, the first day of oral arguments, when few people were paying close attention.
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 13 minutes ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago