It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
One of the stupidest leftie posts I have ever seen and that is saying something. Jesus never took anything. Anything he got was either earned (he was a carpenter you know) or was freely givin to him by private supporters, not from a government who took it from someone else firsf.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 7 hours ago