Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
The arbitration they invited wasn't arbitration, it was a blackmailing. The only thing Armstrong would get to "arbitrate" was his own guilt, which has never been proven. The only evidence against Armstrong is hearsay from other cyclists who themselves were convicted of doping based on _failed_ drug screens and whom Armstrong beat time and time again. In legal parlance, these are called "unreliable witnesses" - similar to having a Mob boss' hitman testify against the boss himself. One thing to note, however - the USADA doesn't have jurisdiction to revoke Armstrong's Tour De France wins. Only the International Cycling Agency does since it manages that race. The USADA is on a vendetta, pure and simple.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 14 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 15 hours ago