Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
The arbitration they invited wasn't arbitration, it was a blackmailing. The only thing Armstrong would get to "arbitrate" was his own guilt, which has never been proven. The only evidence against Armstrong is hearsay from other cyclists who themselves were convicted of doping based on _failed_ drug screens and whom Armstrong beat time and time again. In legal parlance, these are called "unreliable witnesses" - similar to having a Mob boss' hitman testify against the boss himself. One thing to note, however - the USADA doesn't have jurisdiction to revoke Armstrong's Tour De France wins. Only the International Cycling Agency does since it manages that race. The USADA is on a vendetta, pure and simple.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago