Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
The arbitration they invited wasn't arbitration, it was a blackmailing. The only thing Armstrong would get to "arbitrate" was his own guilt, which has never been proven. The only evidence against Armstrong is hearsay from other cyclists who themselves were convicted of doping based on _failed_ drug screens and whom Armstrong beat time and time again. In legal parlance, these are called "unreliable witnesses" - similar to having a Mob boss' hitman testify against the boss himself. One thing to note, however - the USADA doesn't have jurisdiction to revoke Armstrong's Tour De France wins. Only the International Cycling Agency does since it manages that race. The USADA is on a vendetta, pure and simple.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 19 hours ago