Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
No such thing as innocent until proven guilty with the USADA. Over 500 tests and not a single failure and they convict Armstrong solely based on hearsay evidence. Tragic.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 40 minutes ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago