I am America’s amygdala. I reside in the temporal lobe of the human brain, near the hippocampus. There are two of me in each normal human brain, and we are both shaped like an almond, after which we are named. I am part of the limbic system. At the risk of oversimplifying things (which, by nature, I do not mind doing), I will tell you that I am the part of your brain which deals most directly with the production and processing of fear. I am in charge of America at the moment, and have been for some time.
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago