The Democratic convention took place in an alternative universe in which Mitt Romney wanted a very ominous "bankruptcy" for General Motors and Chrysler -- a catastrophic event that would have put millions out of work. Alternatively, speaker after speaker kept telling us, President Barack Obama implemented a "rescue" that saved all those jobs and avoid that fateful "bankruptcy." It's as if, somehow, not a single Democrat remembers the historic bankruptcy filings by Chrysler on April 30, 2009 and General Motors on June 1, 2009. Which is pretty weird, because they were among the largest bankruptcies in history.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago