The Democratic convention took place in an alternative universe in which Mitt Romney wanted a very ominous "bankruptcy" for General Motors and Chrysler -- a catastrophic event that would have put millions out of work. Alternatively, speaker after speaker kept telling us, President Barack Obama implemented a "rescue" that saved all those jobs and avoid that fateful "bankruptcy." It's as if, somehow, not a single Democrat remembers the historic bankruptcy filings by Chrysler on April 30, 2009 and General Motors on June 1, 2009. Which is pretty weird, because they were among the largest bankruptcies in history.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 12 hours ago